Why List With Waikato Real Estate?
The sheer wealth of real estate experience in our team. We are in the people business, working with you to minimize the stress involved in buying and selling property.
We sell more residential property in our area than any other agency.
We are local ambassadors, promoting our towns and attracting people to live in our community.
We support our local community by sponsoring local charities and organisations and supporting local businesses.
Our team commit fully to providing you with a real estate experience which exceeds your expectations, guaranteeing honesty, integrity and energy focused on selling your property.
Our business is driven by the large amount of referrals from past clients, recommendations from satisfied customers and repeat business.
What services do we offer?
We offer a full range of real estate services:
- Buying and selling residential property.
- Buying and selling rural property.
- Buying and selling commercial and industrial property.
- Leasing commercial property.
- Business broking.
- Property management services for landlords and tenants.
Research carried out in July 2018 by the Real Estate Institute, comparing prices attained across New Zealand for sales during that month, varied by region from a premium of 6% in Auckland and a massive 20% in Wellington. In the Waikato listing with an agency will achieve a premium of 13% on the price. On an average sale of $380,000 that is a whopping $49,400.
The Real Estate Agency is the government body who licenses real estate agencies and salespersons in New Zealand and ensures that strict criteria and best practice are applied in our everyday work with clients. Their strict disclosure obligations provide some surety that all aspects of a property which should be disclosed to potential purchasers, are disclosed. This provides a level of comfort to purchasers which is not there for private sales, therefore, some purchasers will not deal with private sales.
We know our market and use our skills and expertise to provide up to date marketing, advice, local knowledge, and understanding of our customer base.
We Take the Risk
Our basic marketing package means that you pay nothing for our great service until your property is sold. Of course, if you want to purchase one of our enhanced packages then talk to your chosen salesperson.
Professional negotiation, to get you the best possible price for your property.
Which Sales Person Should I Choose?
Our salespeople all offer their own personal style, way of working and expertise. Check out their biographies to ascertain which is a good match for you. Ask around the neighbourhood, the best recommendations are from previous satisfied clients. Check out their track records, such as previous sales. Request a current market appraisal from a range of salespeople to determine the person who impresses you with their local knowledge and expertise.
How Do I Find Out What My Property is Worth?
Any of our sales agents are happy to provide you with a no obligation, free current market appraisal to inform you of your property’s worth. After a short visit to your property, the salesperson uses local knowledge to determine the most recent sales, which are comparable to your property, together with those properties currently on the market. This provides a basis for the current market price for your property.
What is the Best Method of Sale?
Speak to your chosen salesperson to determine the best method for current market conditions, your situation and requirements, options include:
Auction is recommended for properties:
- Which are in high demand.
- Which are likely to encourage competitive bidding between multiple buyers.
- Where it is preferable to let the market determine the price rather than pre-determining it prior to a sale.
- Where creating deadlines for purchasers will limit procrastination.
- Where an unconditional sale is desired.
- Where sticking to a specific timeframe is important.
- Auctions are a good way to sell in a competitive market, but do exclude conditional buyers and limit potential purchasers. However, auctions offer three potential markets, pre-auction offers, sell under the hammer, and post-auction offers.
Sale by Deadline
This is a useful sales method for a property which is:
- Special and unique and not directly comparable to many other recent local sales.
- Likely to attract specific buyers.
- Unlikely to attract the broad number of purchasers required for an auction sale, but similar to an auction campaign with a limited timeframe for the sale designed to create competition.
- This method is not always successful in our area as some purchasers, who prefer certainty around the price are excluded, or feel disadvantaged due to their requirement to be conditional buyers.
Sale by Private Treaty or Negotiation
This is the most common method of sale in our area and the most successful with properties advertised with a price. It is suitable for properties:
- Where the asking price is very clear and can be set as a guide for purchasers.
- Which are not unique and are quite easily compared to other properties.
- Where there is no limit to the timeframe in the sale equation.
What Do I Need to Do to Market My Property?
There are many options involving print and digital media. Talk to your salesperson to explore which options will work best for your property.
Our Marketing Tools Include:
Professionally developed marketing material.
Advertising on our subscribed websites as well as our own. These are well known commonly used websites that prospective buyers visit.
A standard “For Sale” sign.
Open homes and accompanied viewings.
Advertising in the local newspapers, the Location and The Prattler.
Window displays in our Putaruru Office, which benefits from the busy traffic and foot traffic, being located on S.H.1.
Cross fertilisation from viewers of other advertised properties.
Access to potential purchasers registered as actively seeking properties in the area.
Professionally created information packs for all enquirers and viewers.
Inclusion in our weekly Property Guide, which prospective purchasers can pick up from outside our office.
Social media marketing.
What do I need to do if I have never bought a property before?
Come and talk to us, pick up the phone, email or text us. We want to help!
We are happy to provide advice and guidance and also to direct you to other information sources such as the Real Estate Agency website and guides. Check out www.settled.govt.nz